I've recently started getting really itchy all over my body but the worse spot is my stomach, back and my thighs. There are no noticable bumps or rashes but when I do end up itching them I get some pretty extreme welts. What could possibly be causing this

Dr. Jeffrey Poole
Dermatology
In brief: Dermatographism
Your condition sounds like dermatographism. This is a type of urticaria (hives).
It normally resolves in a few months, but some patients may persists with symptoms for years. Treatment with anti-histamines like zyrtec or Allegra (fexofenadine) are usually very effective. Be sure to consult with your dermatologist to confirm your diagnosis and evaluate you for possible triggers.

In brief: Dermatographism
Dr. Jeffrey Poole
Dr. Jeffrey Poole
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Urticaria/Hives
It sounds likely you have some trouble with hives (medically called urticaria) and the hunt for a specific cause is often illusive.
They are often intermittent and when they occur, can be quite itchy and distressing to the affected. Make sure you keep cool, moturize skin, and take some otc zyrtec or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) regularly for a couple of weeks. If not better, consult your doc. Good luck.

In brief: Urticaria/Hives
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen