When should I change my colostomy pouch? How often?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Depends
Ask your caregiver about how often to change your colostomy pouch.
The amount of time that you should leave your pouch on your abdomen depends on many things. The type of pouch you wear affects the amount of time you can wear a pouch. The kind and amount of stool you have also affects how long the pouch stays on.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
In brief: As needed
You need to become very familiar with your colostomy and the care of it you should consult with an ostomy nurse to help you.
By the pouch i suppose you mean the bag. As long as it fits well and is not leaking and is kept clean it can be used over and over.

In brief: As needed
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray