I'm having a gout flare up right now and i'm out of medicine what can I do? Go to er?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Gout flare

If your flare is during regular business hours call your prescribing physician.
If it is not but is before about 9-10pm you should see if there is an urgent care in your area. In the future, it's always a good idea to request refills of medication before finishing it if it will be something you will use again.

In brief: Gout flare

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Loren Lewis
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Maybe

If you usually have prescription medication for a flare, and this is the only thing that can help, then you may need to get another prescription at the er. Better is to have medication available for when/if you have a flare.
And the best approach is to take specific steps (diet and medication) to prevent a flare from happening in the first place. You can try some otc NSAID medication.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Loren Lewis
Dr. Loren Lewis
Dr. Arnon Rubin