Should I start on a course of colchicine to treat my gout? Worried about it.

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry

In brief: Gout

Before starting any medication i recommend seeing a doctor to determine if Colchicine is the medication for you.
It is a very aggressive med with lots of side effects.

In brief: Gout

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry

In brief: Make sure of

The diagnosis first.
Many people mistakenly associate any number of pain conditions as gout because they've heard of gout and know that it is painful. Assuming that gout is the correct diagnosis, then some form of oral antiinflammatory medication is used. Each doctor has their preferred medication, but the idea behind all of them is to calm the acute inflammation that is gout.

In brief: Make sure of

The diagnosis first.
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Vicken Poochikian