What is reflex sympathetic dystrophy?

Dr. Gerry Tolbert

In brief: Now CRPS

Complex regional pain syndrome, formerly rsd, is a pain syndrome, usually occurring in an arm or leg after an injury, but lasting much longer than would be normal for that type of injury.
It typically has a component of redness or swelling and is described as burning or aching. There is also no obvious damage to a specific nerve that doctors can find. The cause is not clearly understood.

In brief: Now CRPS

Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert

In brief: Rsd

Please read below - all the answers are correct and give you a good indication of how difficult rsd now crps really is

In brief: Rsd

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Myofascial!!

See my new view file.
All pain issue start out as simple tissues disease. If no therapy is offer the pain will sear into the tissues and alter the harmony leading to complex pain disease. Like tn, crps etc. Myofascial therapy is with hand-on techniques or needle therapy. I like acupuncture.

In brief: Myofascial!!

See my new view file.
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: A nerve disorder

Rsd is a progressive disease characterized by pain, swelling, color and temperature changes in an extremity (usually arm or leg).
It is caused by impaired functioning of the autonomic nervous system. Patients can loose function of the affected extremity and it can spread to the unaffected side. Symptoms often manifest after a previous traumatic injury to the area. Treatment is multi-modal.

In brief: A nerve disorder

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal