I was diagnosed with stills disease. My doctor told me to check with you for info?

Dr. Touraj Shafai

In brief: Still's disease

Still's disease is a severe form of juvenile rheumatoud arthritis, it can be recurrent and sometimes difficult to diagnose.
It usually responds to oral steroids which needs to be tapered and discontinued as soon as possible. Do not forget to check the child's hla for assoiation with ankylosing spondylitis

In brief: Still's disease

Dr. Touraj Shafai
Dr. Touraj Shafai
3 comments
Dr. Joel Steckelman
mast also consider lupus with any arthritis
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Besides usual treatments with steroids and anti-inflammatory drugs, most recently, because Still's disease has been found to involve a specific chemical messenger of inflammation known as interleukin 1 (IL-1), the injectable biologic medication anakinra (Kineret), which blocks IL-1, has been found to be an effective treatment for Still's disease. Check with your doctor to see if it u may benefit.
Dr. Shontae Buffington