What is the difference between fibro and neuro myalgia?

Dr. David Hardin
Wound care
In brief: See below
The term 'neuromyalgia does not appear to be an official medical term it doesn't even come up on my spell checker. As near as i can determine it is used interchangeably with neuralgia which is a type of nerve mediated pain.
Fibromyalgia is an official term but its cause is largely unknown, it appears to be muscular in origin but recent research is suggesting glial cells in the brain may be the s.

In brief: See below
Dr. David Hardin
Dr. David Hardin
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Myalgia
Neuro myalgia is not a medical diagnosis.
Recommend reviewing your case with a rheumatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

In brief: Myalgia
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See below
I am not familiar with the term neuromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome of wide spread body pain which occurs predominantly in women. The cause or causes are not known but are thought to be a result of an overly sensitive nervous system.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Locality & tissues
What is difference vs.
Fibromydlgia & Neuralgia?

In brief: Locality & tissues
What is difference vs.
Fibromydlgia & Neuralgia?
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
2 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
British MD's aware of the association of Hypermobility Syndrome & Fibromyalgia. Loose joints beget tilted body tower struggling to remain upright as repetitive gravitational stress causes joint subluxations, autonomic neural impingements & soft tissue spasm/pain.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Pain of sciatica can be worse "resting than walking" because ground forces of chair seats and mattresses torque the pelvic girdle bony ring, impinging neural plexi contiguous to major pelvis joints, the sacroiliac joints.
Dr. Marsha Davis