How should I care for a stoma site?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Stoma care
It is really important one cares for their stoma properly.
There are a couple of different kinds of stomas. My best advise is to work with your dr. And especially the nurse. In fact, there are certain nurses who specialize in this ostomy area and have real expertise. You should work closely with the nurse. Here is a link for a website dealing with ostomy care: http://www.Wocn.Org/.

In brief: Stoma care
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Amir Bastawrous
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Gently
Skin around a stoma is very sensative.
You should take special care of it. Don't change the appliance too often. Clean the skin gently. Make sure the skin is dry and clean. Use stoma adhesive and powder. It would be wise to start a relationship with a certified enterostomal therapist. You can find one registered with the society of wound ostomy and continence nursing (wocn).

In brief: Gently
Skin around a stoma is very sensative.
Dr. Amir Bastawrous
Dr. Amir Bastawrous
Dr. Adam Smith