How can I get rid of my soreness from gout?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Warm water soaks.
Warm water soaks or compresses can be tried.
Gout is an elevation of uric acid. Often the uric acid crystallizes in the joints causing pain and inflamation. A home remedy can be to soak the affected body part in warm water so the crytals would dissolve. This is obviously easier if the gout occured on the foot.

In brief: Warm water soaks.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry
In brief: Make sure of
The diagnosis first.
Many people mistakenly associate any number of pain conditions as gout because they've heard of gout and know that it is painful. Assuming that gout is the correct diagnosis, then some form of oral antiinflammatory medication is used. Each doctor has their preferred medication, but the idea behind all of them is to calm the acute inflammation that is gout.

In brief: Make sure of
The diagnosis first.
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Brandon Macy