If psoriatic arthritis is a "t" cell malfunction, does exercise have benefit?

Yes. Exercise, when properly designed to be low impact, is good for not just arthritis but also your wellbeing and self esteem. Medication is still given to make exercise less painful. Exercise alone will not be enough to treat psoriatic arthritis unfortunately.
Psoriatic arthritis. Your doctor may recommend tumor necrosis factor-alpha (tnf-alpha) inhibitors if you have severe psoriatic arthritis. These drugs block the protein that causes inflammation in some types of arthritis and can improve signs and symptoms of psoriasis, as well. This group of drugs is the best to treat arthritis caused by psoriasis.