I've recurring gout/leg/foot arthritis and i'm looking fora home remedy?

Dr. Mila McManus

In brief: Here are a few...

Optimize vitamin d levels (25-oh level 70-80) and change your diet--avoid sugar, including fruit.
Try tart cherry extract, and apple cider vinegar daily.

In brief: Here are a few...

Dr. Mila McManus
Dr. Mila McManus
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Dangerous

Gout has systemic implications.
You have to make sure you are aware of your uric acid levels once you have had a gouty attack these levels idealy should be kept under 6.0. There are cardiovascular and kidney related concerns not just inflammation of a particular joint. The fact you are getting the attacks in multiple locations and it is recurring should be a concern.

In brief: Dangerous

Gout has systemic implications.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: None proven

This is the problem with "home remedies".
They are never tested and to ask us to validate something we haven't been able to look at evidence proving good or harm is impossible! we dr's would really like to say something your grandmom said fixed this ok but other than prune juice for constipation I am uncomfortable relying on "home remedies"even changes in bowel habitus demands attention(prune juic.

In brief: None proven

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Steven Seres