I have just been diagnosed with ehlers-danlos syndrome and have history of fractures. Should I stop playing contact sports?

EDS. In the simplest terms ehlers danlos is a condition in which patients have exteme laxity. The condition is actually far more complex and there are several classifications of severity. We recommend the avoidance of contact sports due to the much higher risk of injury, including significant dislocations and fractures as the result of this process. Bracing of affected joints may also be considered.
Yes. Unfortunately ehlers-danlos syndrome will predispose you to sprains and strains due to the hypermobility of your joints, and the skin is more subject to tears and bruising from contact sports. This does not mean you cannot exercise or play non contact sports however! Exercises that strengthen your muscles will help reduce injuries, and non impact sports like swimming can help aerobically.