What should I do if a colorectal cancer screening test shows an abnormality?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Follow-up
It is impossible to make a specific recommendation without knowing what test was performed and it's specific finding.
Nevertheless, I am 100% certain that the physician that ordered/performed the screening test has a follow-up plan designed for you. In general, if an abnormality is found by x-ray or occult blood testing, a formal colonoscopy is recommended.

In brief: Follow-up
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: See oncologist
Don't waste time.
In many ocassion it can be cured, even if metastised to liver. Let oncologist and surgeon help, you'll be amazed in many ocassions. Let the expert tell you, and help.

In brief: See oncologist
Don't waste time.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery