How to build muscle on ankle so it wont turn under?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Not so easy

This is something that is not so easy to do.
You would want to look up excercises to perform on your peroneal muscles. If you find your foot turning a lot, an ankle brace or orthotic which would help prevent this from happening would likely help as well.

In brief: Not so easy

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Loren Lewis
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Work with PT

If you have had recurrent ankle sprains, you may have a weakened ankle, which leaves you prone to further recurrent sprains.
A physical therapist can work with you on an ankle strengthening program. I would not recommend something that you do yourself at home. This is somewhat specialized and you could end up hurting yourself worse, rather than improving.

In brief: Work with PT

Dr. Loren Lewis
Dr. Loren Lewis