Having problems with hydroxychloroquin plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) side effects?

Side effects. Usual side effects are stomach upset and rahshes. Occ headaches. Take the med at lower dose with food and if you can't tolerate tne maximum dose it may still be effective. Vision problems are very rare these s[ecialist and get an opthalmology referral quickly.
Retinal toxicity. Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine), (hydroxychloroquine) or hydroxychloroquin is used for treatment of several medical conditions. It is a rare but severe side effect for it to cause retinal toxicity. This effect is dependent on how long you have been on Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) and how much. It is a rare side effect.