I have been daignosed with a blocked fallopian tube. What are my chances of conceiving naturally?

Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Fertility Medicine

In brief: One tube

If its only one it essentially reduces your pregnancy rates by half, since ovulation generally alternates between the ovaries, however the egg can cross sides but not often.
If the obstruction is a "hydrosalpinx" or fluid filled tube then the chances are much lower than that due to the embryotoxicity of the fluid in the tube and needs surgical attention.

In brief: One tube

Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Dr. Li-Min Hwang

In brief: Very good

Very good if only one tube is blocked.
Sperms need to find a way to get through the tubes to fertilize the egg. The fertilized egg needs to pass through the tube to get to the uterus. One open tube is good enough. However, if the fertilized egg get into the dead end of the blocked tube, a tubal pregnancy may happen.

In brief: Very good

Very good if only one tube is blocked.
Dr. Li-Min Hwang
Dr. Li-Min Hwang
Dr. Jane Van Dis