What diet should I follow to prevent colorectal cancer from occurring?

Colon CA & Diet. Colon cancer has been associated with diets high in animal fat, red meats, and processed meats containing nitrites. Eating a well balanced diet that minimizes these foods, and contains leafy, green vegetables, and foods high in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, is recommended to decrease the risk. Dietary fiber is also recommended to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
Eat your veggies. Population studies show groups that eat high fiber, grains, fruit, veggies, legumes have lower rates. Calcium foods (no/low fat dairy), may help. Low intake meat, especially processed meats may help. Fiber supplements are less helpful than fiber foods. Low (sat) fat, high fiber may be a good combo. Dash diet (dietary approach to stop hypertension): easy, tasty, healthy. Find it online.