What are my chances of recovery from colorectal cancer?

Usually great. Usually patients are able to make a great recovery after surgery for colorectal cancer, but it depends on multiple factors. The main determinants are the stage of the cancer, and how healthy the patient is before the operation. For patients whose tumors have not spread to lymph nodes there is about a > 85% chance of surviving 5 years. Spread to other organs significantly decreases survival.
Stages? Early stage colon ca is curable. Recovery varies depends on the extent of your surgery +/- additional treatment. Find a good surgeon and an oncologist to help you through this fight.