What are common early symptoms of colorectal cancer?

Often "silent" Unfortunately, colon cancers may develop "under the radar" for quite some time before symptoms occur. The earliest sign is usually anemia caused by a slowly bleeding tumor. As the cancer grows, it may block the colon causing cramping pain, bloating, and/or pencil-thin stools. The gold standard for diagnosing colorectal cancer is screening colonoscopy at age 50, or earlier with a family history.
Colorectal cancer. There are classic symptoms of decreased caliber of stool and constipation or change in bowel habits. But it can also present as a rectal bleed and weight loss.