Is there a relationship between stomach cancer and colorectal cancer?

Sometimes. Certain genetic cancer syndromes have increased risk for cancers in multiple areas of the GI tract. If you have multiple family members who have had cancer discuss it with your family physician and see if meeting with a genetic counselor would be the right thing to do.
Sometimes. Cancers are basically accumulations of cells that have mutated and no longer "follow the rules". There are chemical ways that this can happen, and there are stomach and colon cancers that share many mutations. There are some syndromes, most notably fap (familial adenomatous polyposis), that are associated with both stomach and colorectal cancer.