Neurogurgeon or orthopedic for cervical spine problems?

Dr. Roger Frankel
Neurosurgery
In brief: Either
A well trained surgeon of either specialty will do you just fine.
The key is finding that surgeon. Asking your physician, as well as friends, family and acquaintances are good stating points in this research. Neurosurgery involves an average of seven years of training in surgery of the brain, spinal column, spinal nerves and spinal cord.

In brief: Either
Dr. Roger Frankel
Dr. Roger Frankel
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: I'm biased
As an orthopaedic surgeon, i feel that our five years of focused musculoskeletal training and fellowship spine training are ideal for treatment of spine problems.
When it comes to spine conditions that involve treatment of the bone, like fusions and disk replacement, i feel our orthopaedic background in bone healing, fixation techniques and joint replacement is superior.

In brief: I'm biased
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine