Do some peole fake back injuries to get workers comp? How can they get away with that if a doctor has to prove it.

Dr. Kevin Daly
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Fake back pain
Yes. Unfortunately people with severe back pain don't always have something that can be shown on a test like an xray or mri.
And frequently an MRI may show a disc bulge which may or may not actually cause pain. The nature of the disease makes it easy for a good actor to fake it . I agree that a good way to prevent fraud is surveillance.

In brief: Fake back pain
Dr. Kevin Daly
Dr. Kevin Daly
Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: Yes.
31 yrs of experience says yes.
There is a lot of room for interpretation in the evidence, some patients are good at expressing symptoms, and some doctors are more easily convinced than others. Video surveillance of patients should be considered in questionable cases.

In brief: Yes.
31 yrs of experience says yes.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Andrea Brand