Why is my right hand burning and numb? Did I damage a thumb nerve?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Thumb nerve
The nerves of the thumb that give sensation ttravel on the very underside of the thumb, these originate in the median nerve which passes through the carpal tunnel into the forearm and past muscles around the elbow and up to the shoulder and neck, any injuty any where along the path pf this nerve can give thumb sensory disturbances.
While carpal tunnel is common make sure the diagnosis is correct!

In brief: Thumb nerve
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: Carpal tunnel syndro
I suspect you have carpal tunnel syndrome, a condition where the nerves to the hand are being compressed at the wrist by a band of tissue.
The test to prove this is safe and easy and some non-surgical treatments are sometimes effective.In my practice most end getting a surgical release of the restricting band.

In brief: Carpal tunnel syndro
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer