What are the early first signs of my having carple tunnel syndrome in my hands (excuse the spelling)?

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Numbness & Tingling

Early in carpal tunnel syndrome, there is numbness and tingling in the thumb, index, middle, and radial side (thumb side) of the ring finger. It is often worse at night, causing patients to wake and "shake" their hands.
Their can be a weakness and atrophy later in the disease.

In brief: Numbness & Tingling

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Numbness

Generally numbness in the thumb, index, and middle fingers, particularly after doing repetitive motions, such as typing, sewing, or hammering.
As it progresses it goes from intermittent to a more continuous problem, eventually causing permanent nerve damage.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Eric Weisman