What exactly is carple tunnel syndrome? Is it just swelling of your wrists?

Nerve Compression. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a compression of the median nerve as it traverses an anatomic region known as the carpal tunnel. It typically presents as numbness and tingling in the thumb, index, long and part of the ring fingers. Frequently, it awakens patients at night. In its later stages, there can be serious loss of muscle function, profound numbness and difficulty with use function of the hand.
No. Carpal tunnel syndrome cause tingling in the finger tips of the thumb, index and lond fingers. This can lead to numbness and weakness.