Does the graviola tree treat any cancer?

Ben Ferguson
Surgery
In brief: No.
There have been zero studies in humans regarding graviola fruit extract efficacy in the treatment of cancer. There was one study published in 2011 that showed promising results in vitro (i.
e. Plastic dishes) and in vivo (i.e. Mice), but this was a very limited study with a small number of samples. Overall, the data regarding gfe as a cancer treatment is exceedingly limited.

In brief: No.
Ben Ferguson
Ben Ferguson
Answer assisted by Ben Ferguson, Medical Student
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Graviola-induced cell death was inhibited by the supplementation of glucose suggesting that cell death was caused by energy depletion. Graviola may have antidepressive activity due to its ability to stimulate serotonine receptors. Graviola extracts were also effective against the growth of Adriamycin-resistant human mammary adenocarcinoma (MCF-7/Adr) by blocking the cancer cell’s access t
Pathology
In brief: Beware
Graviola is a dangerous poison that is responsible for a dreadful neurologic disease on the island where it grows.
That it's not illegal -- and that charlatans can promote it on the internet as a cancer cure -- is due to the bizarre politics of "herbal remedies." the anti-cancer effects are all in test tubes and from my reading result from its being a deadly poison. Forgive my frankness.

In brief: Beware
Dr. Carolyn Messere
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Not sure
There are studies going on for graviola which comes from the soursop fruit.
It may be that it is helpful with breast cancer. The big cancer centers like memorial sloan kettering are studying it. One thing to be very careful of are the seeds. They can be neurotoxic.

In brief: Not sure
Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Arnon Rubin