I have a lump in the r side of my neck. Is a parathyroid or some other tumor a possibility?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Most likely thyroid

You need to be examine by a physician but a lump on the side of the neck is most likely a thyroid growth.
Lymph node enlargement and parathroid tumor are also possibility but more commonly, it's a thyroid growth. Please see your physician to get this look at.

In brief: Most likely thyroid

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Eric Whitman
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Not parathyroid

There are many possible reasons for a neck mass, including an enlarged lymph nice, salivary gland or thyroid nodule.
However, anatomically a neck mass like that is almost never a parathyroid gland.

In brief: Not parathyroid

Dr. Eric Whitman
Dr. Eric Whitman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil