Can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with metastatic cancer?

No. It varies widely depending on the type of cancer. This is something to ask your oncologist, and ask him or her to be very honest with you. Although we never know exact time frames, we can usually give you some idea (weeks vs a few months vs six months vs a year or more.).
Very variable. This depends on cancer type, stage, use of treatments and patient performance level mostly. It can range from weeks (brain cancer) to months (pancreatic, lung) to years (breast, colon) and also cures rarely (testicular cancer). There is a lot of variation in survival for patients with the same cancer and stage.