I got back problems! usually after doing stuff around the house. What is the best home remedy?

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Depends

As long as you dont need depens (penicillamine) and your legs still work, resting, use of a hot pad that won't burn, nonsteroidals, and waiting for a week or so before spending unneccesary money on useless tests such as xrays mri's and nerve conduction tests.
---and I do these tests in the office, as well as nerve blocks. After the back is better, start on williams exercises to prevent further attacks, but go slo.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Stretching excercises Rae very important as well.
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Back Pain

I agree most back pains like you describe are short lived.
So rest your back, do not lift heavy objects as they put more strain on your back, moist heat, nonsteroidal over the counter meds and muscle relaxants will help, but if it persists or gets worse, than see you family doctor, and i agree there is nothing to gain by the expensive tests unless pain persist/gets worse.

In brief: Back Pain

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna