Had my IUD taken out june 12 it's been 16 days and still have not started my period . I have taken pregnancy test and they say no . So don't know what else to do please help?

Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz

In brief: How regular r u?

If you experienced irregular menses before the iud was inserted and depending on which iud you were using, you may return to your baseline of irregular menses also- there are a lot of details missing from this question that make it hard to answer any more clearly.

In brief: How regular r u?

Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz
Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz
Dr. Andrew Blazar

In brief: Wait

Pregnancy is unlikely.
You do not state when your last period began but you do not need to be concerned until 28-30 days from that time.

In brief: Wait

Pregnancy is unlikely.
Dr. Andrew Blazar
Dr. Andrew Blazar
Dr. John Washburn

In brief: Takes time

Resuming menses can take quite a while, especially after you stop any kind of hormone-based birth control (like a Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud, if that's what you had).
Some studies show it can even take up to a year for return to normal ovulation and menses.

In brief: Takes time

Dr. John Washburn
Dr. John Washburn
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham