I have an ingrowing toe nail. My doctor removed one side of it 3 weeks ago. Is it normal for my toe to be seeping a small amount of clear liquid every day? I change the dressing twice a day.

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: It depends
Did the doctor say he was removing it permenately? If so, it is not unusual as usually this is done by "burning" the root of the nail known as the matrix.
If there was no mention of a permenant excision you should return to the doctor for possible residual infection or remaining nail spicule.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Not unusual
It sounds like you had a permanent nail edge removal.
An acid was applied to the nail bed after the nail was removed.This created a burn to destroy of nail root. It will weep until all the destroyed tissue is sloughed off. As long there is minimal redness and it appears to be improving, it should heal uneventfully. Continue with your current treatment. If concerned see your doctor for eval. Dr l.

In brief: Not unusual
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. John Washburn
This is serum or the liquid portion of blood.
This will stop once the nail bed (skin that is usually covered by the nail) hardens. You may want to remove the dressing and let it air out a little. Keeping it covered can cause moisture problems preventing the nail bed from hardening as the new nail grows in.

Dr. John Washburn
Dr. John Washburn