Can I take 4 weeks old baby for 5 hrs drive ? Is it safe to keep her in car seat for long time ?

Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
In brief: Car seats!
There is no reason that this would be unsafe.
Properly securing an appropriate car seat is vital to the baby's safety. Safe driving practices are obviously essential too!

In brief: Car seats!
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. John Washburn
I would recommend stopping about once an hour to give her a break and change her diaper if needed.
Also, get a mirror to go in front of her car seat so you can see her in the rearview. Otherwise, as long as it's an approved car seat properly secured there is nothing unsafe about it.

Dr. John Washburn
Dr. John Washburn
In brief: It's soothing
Assuming asll is safe and the driver is alert and takes breaks, the motion may be soothing, even serving as a release from colic.

In brief: It's soothing
Dr. Jeffrey Gene Kaplan
Dr. Jeffrey Gene Kaplan
Dr. Shontae Buffington