I am 18 weeks pregnant and was out on a boat for 5 hrs. The temperature outside was 102 degrees. I felt fine but is there any risk to the baby?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Hyperthermia, dehydr

Hyperthermia and dehydration could affect you fetus in a permanent and temporary sense, respectively.
I would strongly recommend avoiding exposure to such punishing weather for any amount of time during pregnancy! maintaining normothermia and good hydration are essential to a good pregnancy outcome. Stay in air-conditioned spaces while pregnant!

In brief: Hyperthermia, dehydr

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Vanita Patel

In brief: No

Just make sure you are very well hydrated and hope you had sunscreen on.

In brief: No

Dr. Vanita Patel
Dr. Vanita Patel
Dr. Jonathan Jassey