While rescuing a chipmunk from the jaws of my cat, the chipmunk bit my finger, and peeled back a flap of skin. Cleaned with soap and water. Worry?

Dr. Edwin Medina
General Practice
In brief: Make sure tetanus
If it is a small flap of skin and easy to tape down and not continuously bleeding than you should be able to just tape it down with cloth tape.
Make sure that your tetanus toxoid is up to date and that you watch for signs of infection(redness/streaking/hot to the touch). If you happen to develop any of those signs you should go to your primary care provider and have it checked out.

In brief: Make sure tetanus
Dr. Edwin Medina
Dr. Edwin Medina
Dr. Jonathan Jassey