I am pregnant and get frequent numbness and notable swelling in my right foot only. Bp is usually fine, and only occasional trace protein in my urine. What could be the cause?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Preeclampsia

Work closely with your ob/gyn. I don't know what you mean with.

In brief: Preeclampsia

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Rajesh Boorgu
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Couple of things

If early in the pregnancy who could be getting fluid retention from the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy.
Later in pregnancy the weight of the gravid uterus can cause compression of the inferior vena cava that may cause swelling. If any pain is involved the possibility of a blood should be considered and an ultrasound ordered.

In brief: Couple of things

Dr. Rajesh Boorgu
Dr. Rajesh Boorgu
Dr. Eric Weisman