I've taken tramadol for so long now that when I skip a dose or day I get withdrawal symptoms of severe anxiety, sweating, chills, diarrhea, etc. if I then take some tramadol the symptoms go away in an hour. I've been getting the tramadol over the Interne

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Buprenorphine helps

You might want to consider treatment with Buprenorphine and attending a meeting of narcotics anonymous.

In brief: Buprenorphine helps

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Robert Woods

In brief: Developed Addiction

When tramadol was first released is was considered to have little chance for addiction.
Unfortunately it has proven otherwise. From your description when you miss a day's dose you experience opiate withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms are relieved when you take a dose of tramadol. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your doctor who prescribed the tramadol and dicuss your options.

In brief: Developed Addiction

Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Mark Sacher
Pain Management

In brief: Physical dependence

It sounds like you have a physical dependence on tramadol.
You cannot just stop the tramadol. You have to slowly wean yourself off tramadol.

In brief: Physical dependence

Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Adam Smith