I'm getting migraines with increasing frequency. Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances i'll get more? I stay hydrated and rested-no change.

Dr. Randolph Evans
Neurology

In brief: Perhaps

85% of migraineurs have triggers.
You may want to keep a headache diary to see if you can identify triggers such as stress, lack of sleep, alcohol, foods, missed meals, menses, glare from the sun, and heat and then avoid the triggers that you can.

In brief: Perhaps

85% of migraineurs have triggers.
Dr. Randolph Evans
Dr. Randolph Evans
Dr. Mark Sacher
Pain Management

In brief: Migraine medicines

I would have your physician prescribe fioricet, (acetaminophen butalbital and caffeine) indomethacin, calcium channel blockers or beta blockers, and toperimate.
Chronic narcotics can increase the frequency of migraines.

In brief: Migraine medicines

Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Vikram Patel