I feel down on a pool deck and landed on my side. My ribs are sore but no pain with deep breaths and can move my arms up and down. What is diagnosis?

Dr. Daniel Maddox
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Not enough data
Need to see exactly what you landed on, and how, in order to make reasonable judgement on whether any additional evaluation seems needed.
Injury to liver or spleen may not be immediately apparent, and professional observation for a time may be prudent.

In brief: Not enough data
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Theodore Caspe
In brief: Contusion
If you bruise your muscle from a fall it would be tender. Since you use your rib muscles to breath you really can't rest them.

In brief: Contusion
Dr. Theodore Caspe
Dr. Theodore Caspe
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology