I had a blood patch done yesterday bc of a headaache it did not take it away and im still in severe pain, what should I do? This is day 6 of this

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Blood patch
Blood patch is usually 90%effective.
There are many variables -level of injection. Volume of blood injected etc.. Sometimes they need to be repeated. I would suggested go back and speak to the doc who did the blood patch. I also assume it was done for headache due to dural puncture.

In brief: Blood patch
Blood patch is usually 90%effective.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Mehul Desai
Pain Management
In brief: Why?
Why did you have the blood patch? Sometimes a repeat blood patch is needed or it needs to be done under x-ray guidance.
In the meantime, try lying down, lots of fluids and caffeinated beverages. If you have vision changes balance issues or other concerning symptoms go tot the er.

In brief: Why?
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Vikram Patel