How do you stop a sore throat from getting worse help its killing?

Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen and salt water gargles usually help. If pain is still severe see a doc to see if you need antibiotics.
Ibuprofen . Ibuprofen and salt water gargles can help. If pain is severe even despite this see a doc to see if you need antibiotics.
Symptom relief. Don't smoke. Do drink plenty of fluids, sometimes cold feels good (popsicles) or warm (chicken soup.) acetaminophen, Ibuprofen or Naproxen can relieve aches, pains and fever. If it is just the throat, try numbing sprays like chloraseptic. Most adults will not need an antibiotic to get over a sore throat. If you have trouble breathing or swallowing go to an er or see a doctor asap.
Hot salt water rinse. Gargle with hot, salty water: fill a glass with hot water, dissolve table salt in it. Gargle with the salty water 5-6 times, 5-10 seconds each gargle. Do this every couple of hours. See a doctor .