What is the best medicine or method to use to clean ear wax out of an adults ear?

Peroxide drops. Peroxide drops can help loosen ear wax so that it will come out easier. There are commercially available kits at walgreens etc. If this doesn't help see a doc to get the ears cleaned.
Ear Lavage. An ear lavage is a quick, safe, and effective way to clear out ear wax. It can be done in most doctor's offices. It involves a gentle stream of saline possible with hydrogen peroxide into the ear which flushes out the wax. Takes about 5 minutes.