I am in a job that is getting me into deep depression? Should I just go on medications?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology
In brief: If the job is the
problem, medication may not be the answer. I would suggest starting to work with a psychologist and looking for either another job or ways to resolve the issues at your job.
If the psychologist thinks medication will help, they can refer you to a psychiatrist.

In brief: If the job is the
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. QH TRAN
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Depends
Of course if you can find another job then it's better. If you can't then therapy and maybe antidepressant may help.

In brief: Depends
Dr. QH TRAN
Dr. QH TRAN
Dr. Steven Chen
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Need evaluation
It would probably be wise to have an evaluation from a psychologist to identify all of the possible cause(s) and/or issue(s).
It would be important to also rule out any medication causes/conditions that may be contributing to depression such as a thyroid condition or some other medical condition. Before simply going on a medication, one should do a complete evaluation. Then consider treatement.

In brief: Need evaluation
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Steven Chen
Dr. Eric Weisman