Is dental assisting a good occupation start into?

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry
In brief: It Certainly Can Be
Like any occupation, it has to appeal to you, & you have to have passion & talent for it.
It's very rewarding to help people. It's also very interesting to learn about dentistry. In many cases, you can work part-time, which is appealing to many who have children. You need to value organization & cleanliness, be outgoing, & have an interest in the dental field. Ask your dentist and his/her team.

In brief: It Certainly Can Be
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry
In brief: Sure
But you can't have problems with the sight of blood, the smell if halitosis or other dental problems.
I knew someone in the dental field who fainted, upon seeing the dentist give anesthetic (novocaine shot). Not a great career choice. My assistant is exceptionally outgoing and talkative which helps the patients relax.

In brief: Sure
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry
In brief: It can be
If you like people and can multi task it cn be a nice job that offers some flexibility.
If you become a great assistant you have leverage when you want it.

In brief: It can be
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Keegan Duchicela