How do I know if I have hypercholesterolemia without a blood test? Are there any symptoms to watch for?

Dr. David Fein
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Cholesterol "stye"
Very rarely do signs or symptoms give you a hint that you have high cholesterol.
One sign: some eyelid styes are caused by high cholesterol. Best bet -- donate blood at your local donation center and get a free cholesterol screen.

In brief: Cholesterol "stye"
Dr. David Fein
Dr. David Fein
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine
1. Are you overweight? 2.
Is your hip to waist ratio above .9 for woman and 1 for man? 3. Do you get out of breath quickly with any exercise? 4. Do you eat a lot of saturated and/or trans-fats? If any of these answers are yes, you probably have high cholesterol.

1. Are you overweight? 2.
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology