If someone you know is diagnosed with stage 4 undiffirentiated carcinoma, is it time to start final planning?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Possibly

If depends on what treatments have been tried and how the cancer responded.
If also depends on the type of cancer, where it's located, and how healthy the person is overall. In the long run, stage 4 cancers aren't curable. However, I have patients alive more than 10 years with stage 4 cancer. If the cancer is in the liver, lungs, or brain, and is not responding to treatment, it is time.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Mary Maluccio
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Probably

An undifferentiated cancer usually represents an aggressive biology.
Depending on the organ site of origin, there is some chance that the tumor will respond to chemotherapy, but i would have tempered expectations.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Mary Maluccio
Dr. Mary Maluccio
Dr. Adam Smith