I have a husband who drinks everyday. How long can he go on drinking and have it not affect his liver?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Quantity?

Drinking every day is not necessarily a problem. The problem is when you drink too much every day.
Your husband might just be a regular drinker or he might be an alcoholic. As his spouse, you're in a good position to determine which term applies to him.

In brief: Quantity?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Howard Hack

In brief: Unknown

Some people can drink voraciously and never have liver damage and yet others develop cirrhosis and die with much less alcohol.
I think the broader question is whether your husband suffers from alcoholism given your concern. This in itself may be very serious regardless of any liver effects and should be discussed with his physician.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Steven Seres