I have a bcc on my nose/eye. My dr suggests mohs surgery. What is it likely to cost without insurance?

Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dermatology
In brief: Varies
With insurance, there is a fee for the first layer, and each subsequent stage.
There is an additional cost for the reconstruction. Many practices, including those affiliated with academic centers can discuss cost and payment options. The range may be $650- $1550 or greater depending on layers and reconstruction.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Alot
You need to ask your dermatologic surgeon.
Perhaps you live near a university with a dermatology department that has a clinic and residency training program where you can be evaluated and treated less expensively.

In brief: Alot
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology
In brief: Shop around
Dermatologic surgeons operaring out of hospitals are likely be be 2-3x more expensive since they will likely charge facility fees which often exceed the cost of the procedure.
You need to call around and ask for a estimates from the billing departments.

In brief: Shop around
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller