Suggestions on how to convince someone to test her blood sugar every day like she's supposed to?

In brief: Learn some stories

One of the most fascinating patients I had as a student had diabetes.
He came in from an outlying hospital with >1000 blood sugar, a bladder distended so bad it looked like he was pregnant. (nerve damage) He spent a week in the ICU /a month in the hospital & I presented him to 5 different medical specialties for all his problems. She can ignore diabetes and become that patient.

In brief: Learn some stories

Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Use an analogy

Diabetes is like having a bank account if you keep track of it you will not overdraft and when you have kept it with a good balance you have for rainny days.
Take a look at your balance everyday!

In brief: Use an analogy

Take a look at your balance everyday!
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Dr. Adam Levy