Does laser eye surgery destroy the retinal rods or cones?

Yes. Yes. Retinal laser destroys retinal rods and cones. That is the reason that laser is avoided close to the center of vision and if central laser is needed that the laser spot size and power is minimized.
Depends. Retinal laser can destroy the rods and cones depending on the intensity of the laser being used. Laser surgery for lasik or prk, yag peripheral iridotomies, yag capsulotomies, slt or alt for glaucoma, etc. Do not target retinal tissue and thus do not damage the retina.
No. The laser eye surgery such as lasik or prk that is done as part of 'laser vision correction' to free one from glasses does not affect the retinal rods/cones in any known way.