Should I bother the e. R. With a mild case of stomach ulcer [pains?

Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Probably not
I often recommend patients avoid the er if at all possible.
If you can wait until the next day to see your doc or urgent care center, you will not have to wait hours and save some money. But if you are going to be miserable and uncomfortable all night, you have to decide. If you have red flags (chest pain, vomiting, bleeding, etc) you should seek urgent care now.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Depends on...
Everyone's threshold for pain tolerance is different, so who's to say your "mild" symptoms don't represent an advanced ulcer that is about to bleed or perforate? More importantly, many other medical conditions can mimick ulcer symptoms--like cardiac angina, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis, pregnancy.
When in doubt, get a medical evaluation.

In brief: Depends on...
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano